It is not too late to enjoy the last days of summer. Even as back to school approaches, the forecast is still calling for many days of beautiful weather. It is always a nice feeling when the inside of your home reflects the season outside. As one of the premier real estate agencies in Duncan, we would like to offer the following summer décor ideas to help keep your home feeling like a never ending summer.
With summer winding down and the Duncan real estate market slowing, homeowners may be under the impression that they have missed their opportunity to put their home up for sale. On the contrary, fall is an excellent time to sell your house. The weather is still great and autumn activities are in full swing, bringing morale to peak levels and encouraging people to get out and shop for their next home.
Home buyers are dreaming of roasting marshmallows by a toasty fireplace or decorating their spaces with pumpkins and gourds. Fall paves the way for the holidays, and there is nothing a potential fall buyer wants more than to find their perfect home by Christmas. Here are some of the benefits of deciding to sell your home during the fall months. Continue reading “The Benefits of Selling Your Home in the Fall”
Do you want to be in good hands with your real estate investment? Then make sure to be on a look out for the following characteristics:
1. No fixed maturity – Unlike a bond which has a fixed maturity date, an equity real estate investment does not normally mature. In Europe, it is not uncommon for investors to hold property for over 100 years. This attribute of real estate allows an owner to buy a property, execute a business plan, then dispose of the property whenever appropriate. An exception to this characteristic is an investment in fixed-term debt; by definition a mortgage would have a fixed maturity. Source: Investopedia
2. Long-term desirability – While a flaw is important, the property also needs to be desirable. This is how you leverage the work that you did to improve it. Desirable properties don’t have to be on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, though. Just about any property can be desirable. It just needs to be appropriate for its area and slightly better than the average in just one small way. Having something that makes it stand out increases buyer or tenant interest, making it easier for you to sell or lease out.
Finding a long-term desirable property also means actively avoiding undesirable investment properties. Four bedroom houses with one bathroom are an example of this. Another example is a property in a rough area that’s getting worse. Source: Trust Deed Capital
3. The ability to spot trends – As with investing in the stock market, investing in real estate requires the ability to notice changes in trends and act upon them. Look at cities like Las Vegas in the 60s for example. What once was a dusty desert became Sin City almost overnight, and millions of people flooded there for their vacations. Imagine how much profit was made by those who got in on the ground.
This is not a one time thing. Houston Texas is becoming a major tech capital of the world, and money is flooding into the city. There are many opportunities that present themselves for those with the foresight to see them. Source: Addicted2Success
Ian Klepsch – Duncan BC Realtor
2610 Beverly St Duncan, BC V9L 5C7
If you are planning to invest some of your money into real estate then here are the things that you should do:
1. Partner with experience – First-time investors should find a Realtor experienced with investment property deals that can help you locate promising properties. “Look for relational brokers who expect to do business with you again and therefore are going to be much more careful with what they recommend,” says Merrill. A second option is to collaborate with a more experienced real estate investor and close a deal together. In this economy, an experienced real estate investor may be willing to work with you in exchange for the capital you can provide, giving you the opportunity to glean investment knowledge and experience firsthand, Merrill says.
Even if you don’t collaborate with other real estate investors, talk to them about pitfalls they’ve experienced. “Go down to the general district court in your area and listen to some landlord/tenant cases so you can get a sense of what kind of challenges landlords face,” says Jeffrey Taylor, author of “The Landlord’s Kit.” Source: Bankrate
2. Mortgage interest rates are low again – Several years back when the mortgage rates hit an all-time low, people went crazy buying homes and investment properties. Some of the same people ended up getting greedy and borrowed against their newfound equity, which eventually contributed to the downturn of the real estate market. Don’t repeat these mistakes. Source: Money Crashers
3. Find a mortgage broker – These are essentially “freelancers.” They take your application and “shop it around” to a variety of different lenders. They’ll come back to you (hopefully) with several offers from various lenders, and you can pick the loan with the interest rate and terms that best fit your own unique financing needs. These may be your best bet if you have weak credit, if you’re self-employed, or you have other issues that don’t quite fit the bank underwriter’s cookie-cutter criteria. One important point: Property flippers should avoid llong-term loans with pre-payment penalties. These will just mean an additional cost when you eventually do sell the house and pay the mortgage off early. Source: Real Estate
Ian Klepsch – Duncan BC Realtor
2610 Beverly St Duncan, BC V9L 5C7
The summer season is in full swing. With warmer temperatures and longer days, now is the time to move your entertainment outside onto those decks and patios and break out the BBQ. For some reason, everything tastes better grilled. With so many makes and models to choose from however, the process of finding the model of BBQ that best suits your needs may be a bit overwhelming. One of the age old debates is gas versus charcoal, and you will, at some point, need to make a decision. Here is a brief overview that explores both the pros and cons of each. Continue reading “Gas vs. Charcoal BBQ”
The recreational facilities of North Cowichan are a big selling points for those looking to purchase Duncan real estate in that area. It is not a community to simply enjoy living, but a location in which you can truly live. This is due to a multitude of parks and facilities that were designed to keep community members active and engaged in city events and projects. There is something fun available for family members of all ages through the Municipality of North Cowichan. After you purchase your great piece of Duncan real estate, be sure to enjoy these excellent recreational facilities. Continue reading “Recreational Facilities in North Cowichan”
With spring finally here, nothing should stop you from getting outside and enjoying the longer days and warmer weather. Now is the time to get that head start on any landscaping you have been planning on doing. In the Duncan real estate market, a nicely manicured home that has been properly landscaped is very appealing for buyers and will quite often see a better return than a home that has not been landscaped. Here are some quick tips to help save you money while you are landscaping your home. Continue reading “Saving Tips for Landscaping”
Indoor gardening is a fun activity that you can enjoy year around — even through the frigid winters experienced by British Columbia. There are many house plants that thrive inside and require very little maintenance. If you are looking to sell your home this season, having an indoor garden, or just a few plants, can actually help you sell your home.
Plants improve everything from air quality to humidity while also adding beauty to your home. Sell your Duncan real estate quicker by taking advantage of the many benefits offered by indoor foliage, like houseplants. Continue reading “How Houseplants can Help Sell Your Home”
It is no secret: buyers love Duncan. The convenience of being near many great towns coupled with excellent outdoor recreation and top quality schools make the area a magnet for first time and repeat buyers who want the very best that Vancouver has to offer.
As an owner of a piece of Duncan real estate, selling can be a very profitable choice that gives you great opportunities for your own home owning journey. If you are considering placing your home on the market this season, use these tips to sell quickly and make a great profit. Continue reading “5 Tips for Selling Your Duncan Real Estate”
Buyers looking for their perfect piece of Duncan real estate often begin their search with their heart set on a single family home — only to fall in love with one of the many condominium properties located in the area. There are many perks to owning a condo that quickly draw in first time buyers, those looking to downsize and people who are set on buying their dream vacation home.
There is no easier way to enjoy life in Duncan than purchasing a condo. From little maintenance to a long term investment that can put money in your pocket down the road, there are many great perks to owning a condo that you should consider on your journey to buying your next property. Continue reading “5 Reasons to Consider Buying a Condo”